Home About Us Riders Volunteers Staff Events Gallery Donate Thank You Contact
HorseSense for Special Riders, Inc. (HSSR) • PO Box 906 • La Crosse, WI 54602 • Phone (608) 791-4868 • E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved. Site Design, Development, SEO, and Hosting by The BLU Group - Advertising & Marketing.
HorseSense for Special Riders
Executive Director Job Posting
HorseSense for Special Riders, W4102 Ober Rd, Coon Valley, WI
Mailing Address: PO BOX 906, La Crosse, WI 54602
HorseSense for Special Riders is seeking a full-time Executive Director. HorseSense is a 501c3 nonprofit whose mission is to enrich the lives of individuals with special needs through a partnership with the horse. Our clients include children and adults with physical, cognitive, social, and psychological special needs. HorseSense is certified through the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH Intl) and is managed with a strong commitment to excellence. The program has experienced tremendous growth due to community need and financial support during the past few years.
The Executive Director, working closely with a longstanding Board of Directors, is responsible for implementation and management of all aspects of the organization, with special emphasis on strategic planning, community and donor relationship building, fund raising, media relations, and program development.
Previous experience as an administrator in a nonprofit organization, strong fundraising, grant writing, community relationship building and ability to work as a team member are essential to this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business, marketing or equivalent education and experience
- 3-5 years business management experience in a similar setting or non-profit program management.
- A passion for the mission of the HorseSense for Special Riders
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals.
- Must be able to foster teamwork, designate duties, meet deadlines, hold people accountable and inspire others by example.
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate the achievement of goals, objectives and work-plans.
- Must feel comfortable speaking in public and asking for funding.
- Have the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written format.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Willingness to be the community liaison for HorseSense, fundraising initiatives and building community relationships.
- Become knowledgeable about developments and trends in the field of Equine Assisted Activities.
- Encouraged to attend annual regional or national PATH conferences.
· Strategic planning with Board oversight and development
· Oversees and participates in all fundraising
· Support the Board in its policy oversight functions and assure polices are followed
· Annual budget oversight supported by the Board Finance Committee
· Oversees all property and program operations
· Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and PATH, Intl regulations.
· Provides an enthusiastic presentation of self in support of the HorseSense mission
· Management, recruitment and retention of staff
This position is salaried at $35,000.00 a year based on 40 hr/wk with room to grow.
Cover letter, résumé, and complete references should be submitted to email@example.com by October 20th.
Fall Session (2017):
Mondays 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Tuesdays 1:00pm - 3:00pm (Veterans)
Wednesdays 4:30pm - 7:00pm
Thursdays 5:00pm - 8:00pm
As many know, we have adopted our new COLOR riding system that refelcts on riding skills. We believe this will help benefit our riders during lessons! Also, we are beginning to add a more inclusive enviorment by having riders with NO diagnosis rider along side our other riders.
If you have questions about our new COLOR system, lessons, etc., please call our voicemail at (608) 791-4868 for further information or inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be including our COLOR system outlines on our website in the near future!
Keep your eye on our calendar for other upcoming events!
October 21st Ride-A-Thon and Open House!
Come see our brand new indoor arena! There will be a costume party (horses included!) tack sale, crafts, Apothik Food Truck, Veteran Drill Team, riding demos and more!
All sponsorships and donations received for this event will be matched, up to $5,000.00, by a very generous grant from the Robert And Eleanor Franke Charitable Foundation!
If you would like to make a pledge, you can call us at (608) 791- 4868, email us at email@example.com, or find us on Facebook to message us!